Commercial fleets often have significant untapped opportunities for fuel tax recovery. With fuel taxes representing up to 40% of your fleet’s fuel cost, identifying and documenting non-taxable uses of fuel can provide significant cost savings. Although laws vary between taxing jurisdictions, non-taxable uses may include:
- Non-highway vehicles – (i.e. construction equipment, farm and landscaping equipment, unlicensed vehicles)
- Separate engines mounted on highway vehicles – (i.e. refrigeration units, garbage trucks, cement mixers)
- Stationary engines – (i.e. compressors, generators)
- Heating oil
Navigating through the complex system of excise tax laws at the federal, state and local level is a daunting undertaking. Our staff has a complete understanding of fuel tax laws, interpretations and applications. We closely monitor fuel tax legislation including administrative rulings, court cases, code changes, private letter rulings and appeals. Our clients have the confidence that we pursue every refund that they are entitled to. Our tax recovery efforts are supported with strong documentation and sound tax research.
Voyager Fleet’s Commercial Fuel Tax Recovery Services
We can provide you with a cost-effective means to reduce your fuel costs through tax recovery. Our technical knowledge combined with our proven systems will allow us to maximize your recovery of taxes and minimize the burden on your department. Our turnkey services include:
- Collection, assembly and evaluation of fuel purchase data and equipment lists to determine qualified recovery opportunities.
- Sorting and analysis of data and interpretation of fuel tax laws for each relevant taxing jurisdiction
- Preparing and submitting recovery applications and providing complete recovery claims and collections reports
- Conducting supporting field studies when necessary (time and motion, engineering, fuel consumption, etc) to support claims
- Provides responses and representation to regulatory taxing authorities at no charge for every recovery application
We are so confident in our ability to save you money that we offer our services on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t get paid until you get paid. There are no up-front fees, travel costs or out of pocket expenses. This contract structure assures you that we have a mutual interest to maximize your tax savings and file claims on a timely basis.
We would be happy to perform a complementary review of your tax refund opportunities.
Click here to contact a Fuel Tax Recovery representative
CSI Voyager Fleet
10405 Los Alamitos Blvd.
Los Alamitos, CA 90720